How to Find Us
Stevenston High Kirk sits just off Glencairn Street (A738) in Stevenston, North Ayrshire, about 300 yards past the Hayocks Roundalout. It can also be accessed via Schoolwell St in Stevenston.
Directions from Glasgow
- Join the M8 motorway after the Kingston Bridge.
- Keep in right hand lanes then continue forward at junction 22.
- Leave the M8 at junction 28A after Glasgow Airport.
- Continue forward, then merge onto the A737 towards Irvine.
- Continue on the A737 through Beith and Dalry towards Kilwinning.
- Continue through Kilwinning, turning right at the traffic lights onto A738 (signposted Ayr/Greenock).
- At mini-roundabout continue on the A738 for Stevenston/Saltcoats.
- At the Pennyburn Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A738
- Continue on the A738 through the next two roundabouts.
- At the Hayocks roundabout in Stevenston take the 2nd exit towards Saltcoats/Ardrossan.
- Continue along Glencairn Street for ½ mile, turning left into the Church grounds (immediately before Duff's Newsagent shop).
Directions from Largs
- From the centre of Largs, head down the A78 (Irvine Road)
- At the junction with the A760 (Haylie Brae) keep RIGHT to stay on the A78.
- Stay on the A78 past Kelburn and through Fairlie.
- Go straight across the two roundabouts at Hunterston, staying on the A78.
- Remain on the A78 through Seamill until you reach the roundabout at the edge of Ardrossan.
- Go straight across that roundabout onto the A738 (Eglinton Road), taking signs for Ardrossan.
- Remain on the A738 through FIVE sets of traffic signals, passing Ardrossan Academy on your right, St Matthews Academy on your right, and then North Parish Church on your left at the 5th set of signals.
- Stay on the A738 (now High Road) passing Tescos on your left and descend the hill past Tescos.
- At the foot of the hill you are now on Glencairn St and you will see W Duff's Newsagents on the right-hand side. The entrance to the High Kirk is immediately past the Newsagents.